Monday, August 20, 2018

Dedicated Tax System


     I think we should have a dedicated tax system where citizens can choose where their taxes go. There could be different categories. Military, health care, infrastructure, general services, national parks, etc. There would be no more than ten categories to keep it simple, and perhaps to keep the military from crying, they'd get an automatic one percent from each paycheck. I haven't worked out the numbers and I'm not sure what percentage the military is getting now, so one percent might be low or high. I'm not sure. I'm just making the general point of The Dedicated Tax System.
     This idea, in principle, eliminates or reduces the possibility of cronyism and the abuse of power by politicians and corporations. And keeps the treasury out of reach of thieves and self interested people. 
      The public can change the distribution of their money when the file their taxes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment